[klpac] “From Mozart to Bernstein” with the klpac Orchestra
#Show 1 : 28th September 2018 @ 8:30 PM
#Show 2 : 29th September 2018 @ 8:30 PM
#Show 3 : 30th September 2018 @ 3:00 PM
Venue: Pentas 1, The Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre (klpac)
Event Type: Music / Orchestral Concert
In September, the klpac orchestra is ready to mesmerize the audience with a mixture of classical and contemporary works. Opening with the light and easy La clemenza di Tito Overture, K.621 by Mozart, followed by Sinfonia Concertante for Four Winds in E flat, K. 297b by the same composer, the concert will feature the National Symphony Orchestra (NSO) Wind Ensemble with Nelson Wong (oboe), Lawrence Fong (clarinet), Vyacheslav Kim (horn) and Midori Suzuki (bassoon).
Along with the world-wide celebration of Bernstein’s 100th birthday, we are presenting the famous Symphonic Dances from West Side Story, a musical inspired by William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet. It closes with Márquez’s Danzon No. 2 which will definitely get the audience tapping their feet thanks to this exciting rhythmic piece.
Executive Producer: Dato’ Dr. Faridah Merican
Artistic Director: Joe Hasham OAM
Music Director and Resident Conductor: Lee Kok Leong
La clemenza di Tito Overture, K.621 by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Sinfonia concertante in E-flat major, K.297b by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Featuring NSO Wind Ensemble:
Nelson Wong on oboe
Lawrence Fong on clarinet
Vyacheslav Kim on horn
Midori Suzuki on bassoon
Symphonic Dances from West Side Story by Leonard Bernstein
Danzon No. 2 by Arturo Márquez
LANGUAGE: Not specified.
LATECOMERS: Entry for latecomers will only be allowed at appropriate intervals during the performance, at the discretion of klpac staff.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Ticket prices shown are in MYR (Malaysian Ringgit). Prices INCLUDING RM3 Ticketing Fee & 0% GST.
- 1 ticket admits 1 person ONLY, no sharing seats.
- No cancellation or changes allowed once ticket sold.
- No refund is allowed after a purchase is made.
- Lost or damage ticket(s) will not be entertained.
- Strictly NO photo, video and audio recording is allowed.
- Ticketing terms and conditions as stipulated on the ticketing website and on the rear side of printed tickets shall apply at all times. Please read and understand the Conditions of Sale before purchasing ticket.