Venue: Pentas 1, The Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre (klpac)
Event Type: Fundraiser (an adopt-a-seat programme for 2020)
Impact of Covid-19 on klpac
In the span of one weekend, klpac went from 27 cancelled / postponed shows to 41 and from RM 519,789.70 in losses up to RM 633,900.20 (as of 13 Apr). All three of our revenue streams have been hit badly – venue rental, ticket sales and Academy courses. Unlike the Plaza Putra floods, the impact of Covid-19 will be long drawn out with an uncertain end time frame which is extremely challenging for a non-profit with an annual RM 4.4 million operating expenses. At the moment, we do not receive government funding.
The Actors Studio’s losses amount to RM 173,752 while penangpac’s losses are RM 119,981.
#SaveYourSeat #Saveklpac (an adopt-a-seat programme for 2020)
This is a fundraiser for klpac but there will be no show.
We don’t know when our next show will be and under what circumstances.
Now, some theatre halls are sponsored by corporates. But what if we had 504 individual sponsors, one for each seat in klpac’s main theatre Pentas 1. Pick your favourite seat and adopt one! Founded as a “teater untuk rakyat” (theatre for the community), it would be wonderful to have a whole community of supporters behind us.
We may not be able to gift you with a physical show now in return but we promise that we will gift Klang Valley with many, many more shows and programmes in years to come.
We urge you to adopt that seat for the future of klpac and the future of the arts in Malaysia because #TogetherWeCan!
This programme and benefits are for 2020 only.
How does it work?
- Go to proticket.com.my (register if you haven’t).
- Click into #SaveYourSeat.
- Pick a seat that you would like to adopt for the year 2020.
- Add to cart and check out.
- Done – you’ve successfully adopted a seat!
- klpac staff will be in touch with you thereafter to send you your receipt, check how you’d like to be credited (which will be go on your digital certificate as well as on a board outside Pentas 1) and answer any other questions you may have.
Note: Like any other show, there is a RM 4 ticketing admin charge by PROTICKET of which RM 1 will be donated back to klpac.
- What kind of payment is accepted via PROTICKET?
You can pay via Visa or Mastercard (Credit or Debit Card) and FPX.
- Can I adopt a seat on behalf of a friend?
Yes, do go through the payment process above. When klpac staff gets in touch with you after, you can let them know whose name it should be under.
- Is the donation tax exempted?
No, unfortunately, klpac does not have tax-exempt status. We will still issue you an official receipt.
- Can I exchange seats / get a refund after paying?
No exchanges / refunds. Do check before checking out.
- Can I just make a donation without taking up a seat?
Yes, you can make a donation to klpac here and The Actors Studio here.
- Since other klpac / TAS shows have been cancelled / postponed for March & April, will I get a refund?
Yes, we will start processing refunds after the MCO ends. It will take 14 working days. If you have further questions or if you’d like to donate your refund back to klpac, do e-mail [email protected] and [email protected].
- Are you running any other activities in the meantime?
Yes, we have several projects running including Storytime with Uncle Joe & Aunty Faridah, #lockdownart, Pitch Start grant open call and Malaysiaku visual art competition. We have also compiled a list of livestreams or videos of past productions worldwide here.
- How do I stay updated on upcoming shows and activities?
Follow us on Facebook or Instagram, join our mailing list or check our website for the latest updates.
- Other questions about klpac / TAS?
E-mail [email protected] and [email protected].
LIST OF BENEFITS
AGE LIMIT: No age limit. Entry with valid ticket. Sorry this ticket does not come with a valid entry.
LANGUAGE: Not specified.
LATECOMERS: Entry for latecomers will only be allowed at appropriate intervals during the performance, at the discretion of klpac staff. However, admission cannot be guaranteed and no refund request would be entertained. Never too late to join us for this one! Latecomers welcomed too.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Ticket prices shown are in MYR (Malaysian Ringgit). Prices INCLUDING RM 4 Ticketing Fee.
- 1 ticket admits 1 person ONLY, no sharing seats. 2 is better than 1. Adopt one more seat for your loved one.
- CANCELLATIONS, REFUNDS or CHANGES are not permitted once ticket(s) are sold. Don’t refund lah… klpac will belanja you ice cream at klpac resource centre.
- LOST, DAMAGED or STOLEN ticket(s) will not be replaced or reissued, even if you have proof of purchase. For once, you don’t need to worry about losing your ticket! We will definitely save your name and adopted seat for 2020.
- Strictly NO photo, video and audio recording is allowed. Feel free to screenshot and share this anytime, anywhere. Don’t forget to tag us at @theklpac.
- Ticketing terms and conditions as stipulated on the ticketing website and on the rear side of printed tickets shall apply at all times. Please read and understand the Condition of Sale before purchasing ticket.