[klpac] SCENT OF TANGO
#Show 1 : 23rd March 2019 @ 8:00 PM
Venue: Pentas 1, The Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre (klpac)
Event Type: Argentine Tango Concert Show
Fame Studio Malaysia is delighted to bring to Malaysia a one of a kind Argentine Tango concert performance titled ‘Scent of Tango’ on 23 March 2019. Borrowing its name from the popular movie, ‘Scent of a Woman’, the event will feature Argentine Tango musical genre and its dance culture.
Tango is an art that dates back to the end of 19th century in the suburbs of Buenos Aires and Montevideo, Argentina, and is an UNESCO’s Intangible
Cultural Heritage of Humanity. The concert aims to both profile and popularize Tango among Malaysians.
Jeannie Low, producer of ‘Scent of Tango’ and co-founder of Fame Studio said, ‘The art of Tango is to embrace the freedom of expression and channel
the positive energy to the partner, which is why the dance is deemed as one of the most unique dances in the world.’
The two-pronged event – a concert show with a live performance from renowned international artistes –will be featuring the world’s top performers
namely Sebastian Acosta and Laura D’Anna, the champions of Mundial World Tango 2014, and Roberto Castillo and Julieta Biscione, Argentine
Professional Stage Tango Dancers.
Additionally, world-renowned orchestra, Hyperion Ensemble, will perform popular music from the Tango ‘Old Guard’ such as D’arienzo, Pugliese, Canaro, among others. It will also play famous contemporary music by composer such as Astor Piazzolla. Piazzolla is reputed to be the one who fused classical
and jazz music into stage Tango that gave birth to Tango Nuevo (New Tango).
Special thanks to Embassy of The Argentine Republic Malaysia & Ministry of Tourism, Arts & Culture Malaysia.
LATECOMERS: Entry for latecomers will only be allowed at appropriate intervals during the performance, at the discretion of klpac staff.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Ticket prices shown are in MYR (Malaysian Ringgit). Prices INCLUDING RM3 Ticketing Fee.
- 1 ticket admits 1 person ONLY, no sharing seats.
- No cancellation or changes allowed once ticket sold.
- No refund is allowed after a purchase is made.
- Lost or damage ticket(s) will not be entertained.
- Strictly NO photo, video and audio recording is allowed.
- Ticketing terms and conditions as stipulated on the ticketing website and on the rear side of printed tickets shall apply at all times. Please read and understand the Conditions of Sale before purchasing ticket.