[klpac] Stories For Amah
#Show 1 : 27th June 2019 @ 8:30 PM
#Show 2 : 28th June 2019 @ 8:30 PM
#Show 3 : 29th June 2019 @ 8:30 PM
#Show 4 : 29th June 2019 @ 3:00 PM
#Show 5 : 30th June 2019 @ 3:00 PM
Venue: Pentas 2, The Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre (klpac)
Event Type: Theatre
Stories for Amah was first staged in 2002, to critical and commercial acclaim. It was restaged a year later, again to full houses. It garnered 5 nominations at the BOH Cameronian Arts Awards and rave reviews.
Written by Mark Beau de Silva, the play centres on Ruth de Souza, a young serani woman who is conflicted by the Chinese upbringing on her mother’s side and the Eurasian identity imposed on her by her father. Having just relocated to Kuala Lumpur, Ruth finds herself in this new place, fresh from the death of her grandmother, memories of her childhood growing up in Kulim, then the barracks of PDRM with her strict policeman father come flooding back – carving a different side of her that was never shared with her Chinese grandmother.
17 years later, this landmark Malaysian play that examines what it is like and what it means to grow up as a ‘lain lain’, will be revisited by its original director Joe Hasham OAM.
Executive Producer: Dato’ Dr. Faridah Merican
Artistic Director & Director: Joe Hasham OAM
Playwright: Mark Beau de Silva
Ho Lee Ching
Kennedy John Michael
Dato’ Dr. Faridah Merican
Lighting Designer: Yusman Mokhtar
Sound Engineer: Khairil Imran
Set Design: Paul Hasham
LANGUAGE: Performed in English.
LATECOMERS: Entry for latecomers will only be allowed at appropriate intervals during the performance, at the discretion of klpac staff.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Ticket prices shown are in MYR (Malaysian Ringgit). Prices INCLUDING RM3 Ticketing Fee.
- 1 ticket admits 1 person ONLY, no sharing seats.
- No cancellation or changes allowed once ticket sold.
- No refund is allowed after a purchase is made.
- Lost or damage ticket(s) will not be entertained.
- Strictly NO photo, video and audio recording is allowed.
- Ticketing terms and conditions as stipulated on the ticketing website and on the rear side of printed tickets shall apply at all times. Please read and understand the Conditions of Sale before purchasing ticket.