[klpac] The Dead Bird
Venue: Pentas 2, The Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre (klpac)
Event Type: Full-length Dance performance
From my incompleteness to my completeness, and from my inclination to my equilibrium.
From my grandeur to my beauty, and from my splendour to my majesty.
From my scattering to my gathering, and from my exclusion to mu reunion.
From my baseness to my preciousness, and from my stones to my pearls.
So that I might bring to light what lies hidden in night’s core.
The Dead Bird is a full-length dance performance adopting the structure and the existence of the four birds from “The Universal Tree and the Four Birds” written by the Sufism practitioners and poet Ibn Arabi (1165-1240) to explore what is human. A performance combines Butoh and contemporary dance that encompass the existence of the dancers’ body, and explore their hidden identity through the death of self.
AGE LIMIT: 12 years old and above.
LANGUAGE: Not specified.
LATECOMERS: Entry for latecomers will only be allowed at appropriate intervals during the performance, at the discretion of klpac staff.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Ticket prices shown are in MYR (Malaysian Ringgit). Prices INCLUDING RM3 Ticketing Fee.
- 1 ticket admits 1 person ONLY, no sharing seats.
- No cancellation or changes allowed once ticket sold.
- No refund is allowed after a purchase is made.
- Lost or damage ticket(s) will not be entertained.
- Strictly NO photo, video and audio recording is allowed.
- Ticketing terms and conditions as stipulated on the ticketing website and on the rear side of printed tickets shall apply at all times. Please read and understand the Conditions of Sale before purchasing ticket.