[klpac] to which my brother laughed;
#Show 1 : 28th February 2019 @ 8:30 PM
#Show 2 : 1st March 2019 @ 8:30 PM
#Show 3 : 2nd March 2019 @ 3:00 PM
#Show 4 : 2nd March 2019 @ 8:30 PM
#Show 5 : 3th March 2019 @ 3:00 PM
Venue: Pentas 2, The Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre (klpac)
Event Type: Devised Physical Theatre
“to which my brother laughed;” is a devised work in response to the caning of the two women in Terengganu on Sept 3 2018 by the Malaysian authorities and inspired by the critical essay “The Laugh of the Medusa” by Hélène Cixous. This work will set out as Cixous brilliantly writes “to break, to destroy; and to foresee the unforeseeable, to project.”
Cast | Adam Luqman, Anjali Venugopal, Azizan’Afi, Belinda Hon, Bella Rahim, Breena Au, Camellia Roxanne Benjamin, Catherine Rose Leyow, Faris Saad, Leysha Al-Yahya, Sue, Veshalini Naidu, Yon & Yoyo.
Executive Producer | Dato’ Dr. Faridah Merican
Artistic Director | Joe Hasham OAM
Director, Lighting & Set Designer | Tung Jit Yang
Musicians | Shh…Diam!
Senior Production Manager | Gan Eng Cheng
Production Manager | Benedict Chin
Stage Manager | Faustina Kow
Senior Art Director | Joel Wong
AGE LIMIT: Parental advisory
LANGUAGE: Mainly in English
LATECOMERS: Entry for latecomers will only be allowed at appropriate intervals during the performance, at the discretion of klpac staff.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Ticket prices shown are in MYR (Malaysian Ringgit). Prices INCLUDING RM3 Ticketing Fee.
- 1 ticket admits 1 person ONLY, no sharing seats.
- No cancellation or changes allowed once ticket sold.
- No refund is allowed after a purchase is made.
- Lost or damage ticket(s) will not be entertained.
- Strictly NO photo, video and audio recording is allowed.
- Ticketing terms and conditions as stipulated on the ticketing website and on the rear side of printed tickets shall apply at all times. Please read and understand the Conditions of Sale before purchasing