[klpac] Verdi’s la Traviata
#Show 1 : 27th June 2019 @ 8:00 PM
#Show 2 : 28th June 2019 @ 8:00 PM
#Show 3 : 29th June 2019 @ 8:00 PM
#Show 4 : 30th June 2019 @ 8:00 PM
Venue: Pentas 1, The Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Centre (klpac)
Event Type: Opera
An opera in three acts by Italian composer Giuseppe Verdi with libretto in Italian by Francesco Maria Piave that premiered in Venice at La Fenice opera house on March 6, 1853. Based upon the 1852 play by Alexandre Dumas fils (La Dame aux camélias), the opera marked a large step forward for Verdi in his quest to express dramatic ideas in music. La traviata means “the fallen woman” or “the one who goes astray” and refers to the main character, Violetta Valéry, a beloved Parisian courtesan who suffers from a life-threatening illness. When she meets a man named Alfredo, the two fall deeply in love and move to the countryside together. One day, Alfredo’s father Germont visits Violetta and asks her to break up with his son to preserve their family’s reputation. She reluctantly agrees and ends the relationship without giving Alfredo a reason, which leaves him devastated. But in Violetta’s final days, Germont is overcome with guilt and tells his son to go reunite with his true love. Catch the opera, to find out the fate of this love affair.
Conductor – Juan Montoya
Stage Director – Christopher Ling
Violetta – Ang Mei Foong (27, 29 June); Joyce Khoo (28, 30 June)
Alfredo – Tan Chee Shen (27, 29 June); Yap Jin Hin (28, 30 June)
Giorgio Germont – Aw Yeow Hoay (27, 29); Martin Ng (28, 30 June)
Flora Bervoix – Chaing YiLing
Annina – Saori Suzuki
Gastone de Letorières – Heo Yueh Ren
Dottore Grenvil – Samuel Lim
Barone Douphol – James Long
Marchese d’Obigny – Joseph Ng
Giuseppe – Alphonsus Sim
AGE LIMIT: 6 years and above for night shows. Entry with a valid ticket.
LANGUAGE: Sung in Italian with English & Chinese subtitles
LATECOMERS: Entry for latecomers will only be allowed at appropriate intervals during the performance, at the discretion of klpac staff.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Ticket prices shown are in MYR (Malaysian Ringgit). Prices INCLUDING RM3 Ticketing Fee.
- 1 ticket admits 1 person ONLY, no sharing seats.
- No cancellation or changes allowed once ticket sold.
- No refund is allowed after a purchase is made.
- Lost or damage ticket(s) will not be entertained.
- Strictly NO photo, video and audio recording is allowed.
- Ticketing terms and conditions as stipulated on the ticketing website and on the rear side of printed tickets shall apply at all times. Please read and understand the Conditions of Sale before purchasing ticket.