[penangpac] An American In Penang
#Show 1 : 13th April 2019 @ 8:30 PM
Venue: Stage 1, Performing Arts Centre of Penang (penangpac)
Event Type: Chorus & Orchestra
The programme features the music of four of the most famous American composers, and the works themselves are probably the most popular from these composers. The songs from West Side Story include “Something’s Coming”, “Tonight”, “Maria”, and “I’d Like to Be in America”. The Old American Songs include “Simple Gifts”, “I Bought Me a Cat”. ”Zion’s Walls”, and “At the River”. The songs from The Sound of Music include “Edelweiss”. “Do Re Mi”, “My Favourite Things”, and “The Hills Are Alive”.
The soloist in Rhapsody in Blue is Zhang Chi, who is an internationally acclaimed pianist living in Penang. He graduated from Monash University, Melbourne, with a Master of Music and studied with Darryl Coote. He participated in the “Team of Pianists” programme fo a number of years and one of these concerts was here in Penangpac in 2013. He has performed in China, Thailand and Singapore. His repertoire is wide and includes works from the Baroque period to the 21st century.
AGE LIMIT: 6 years old and above. Entry with VALID ticket.
LATECOMERS: Entry for latecomers will only be allowed at appropriate intervals during the performance, at the discretion of penangpac staff.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Ticket prices shown are in MYR (Malaysian Ringgit). Prices INCLUDING RM3 Ticketing Fee.
- 1 ticket admits 1 person ONLY, no sharing seats.
- No cancellation or changes allowed once ticket sold.
- No refund is allowed after a purchase is made.
- Lost or damage ticket(s) will not be entertained.
- Strictly NO photo, video and audio recording is allowed.
- Ticketing terms and conditions as stipulated on the ticketing website and on the rear side of printed tickets shall apply at all times. Please read and understand the Conditions of Sale before purchasing ticket.