[penangpac] Family Christmas Concert
#Show 1 : 20th December 2019 (Friday) @ 8:00 PM
#Show 2 : 21st December 2019 (Saturday) @ 8:00 PM
Venue: Stage 1, Performing Arts Centre of Penang (penangpac)
Event Type: Orchestra
This is the tenth annual Family Christmas Concert to be directed in Penang by Martin Rutherford and the seventh to be presented here in Stage 1, penangpac. The first three of the Christmas Concerts were presented in the Eastern and Oriental Hotel Grand Ballroom and many of the performers here this evening were singing and playing at the first concert in 2010.
There is a traditional pattern associated with Christmas festivities – carol singing prior to the day itself, hanging up of stockings for children, attending the church services on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning and enjoying Christmas dinner with turkey and plum pudding, to name but a few. The annual Christmas Concert follows this pattern: it includes old favourites (for example, the opening and closing carols are always the same), some new carols, and the closing sequence which is built around the arrival of Santa.
The new carols include “O Little One Sweet”, “Torches”, “See Amid the Winter’s Snow” and “Born For Us” which has been specially composed by a member of the Chorus, George Swalwell. The old favourites include “Hark the Herald Angels Sing” and “O Come All Ye Faithful” and there will be some carols which we have performed at earlier Christmas Concerts such as “Tomorrow Shall Be My Dancing Day”, “Hallelujah Chorus”, “O Holy Night” and “Jubilate Domino” by Donald Swann, who is famous for his song “Mud, Mud, Glorious Mud”.
AGE LIMIT: For All (Young children should be taken care by accompanying adult). Entry with VALID ticket.
LATECOMERS: Entry for latecomers will only be allowed at appropriate intervals during the performance, at the discretion of penangpac staff. However, admission cannot be guaranteed and no refund request would be entertained.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Ticket prices shown are in MYR (Malaysian Ringgit). Prices INCLUDING RM3 Ticketing Fee.
- 1 ticket admits 1 person ONLY, no sharing seats.
- CANCELLATIONS, REFUNDS or CHANGES are not permitted once ticket(s) are sold.
- LOST, DAMAGED or STOLEN ticket(s) will not be replaced or reissued, even if you have proof of purchase.
- Strictly NO photo, video and audio recording is allowed.
- Ticketing terms and conditions as stipulated on the ticketing website and on the rear side of printed tickets shall apply at all times. Please read and understand the Conditions of Sale before purchasing ticket.