[penangpac] Jazz @ penangpac #2
#Show 1 : 22nd September 2018 @ 8:15 PM
Venue: Stage 1, Performing Arts Centre of Penang (penangpac)
Event Type: Concert
Following the success of Jazz @ Penangpac in June, the Penang Jazz Society & the Penangpac is proud again to jointly present Jazz@Penangpac #2 on September 22nd 2018. Headlining the show once again will be the Big Band of Penang (BBoP), PJS’ flagship ensemble. BBoP has recently performed in the 10th Thailand International Jazz Conference, Taipei Big Band Madness and USM Music Festival. BBoP will be performing a selections of big band jazz works ranging from swing to afro-cuban.
Debuting that night will be a jazz quintet led by veteran jazz musician Mr. Lee Choong Heen. The quintet consist of Cikgu Zaki on electric bass, Yuin Shing on piano, Cain James Peterson on drums, Lye Guan Quan on the saxophone and Choong Heen on the vibraphone. The quintet will be performing a selection of jazz standards. Acoustic duo, Joanna & Desmond will be making a comeback with some fresh repertoires. Also debuting that night will be The Noisy Bunch Ensemble, a youth big band under the PJS Jazz Ensemble Program. The band consists of mostly high school students. The Noisy Bunch Ensemble will be performing some popular funky big band music.
AGE LIMIT: 12 years old and above with VALID ticket.
LATECOMERS: Entry for latecomers will only be allowed at appropriate intervals during the performance, at the discretion of penangpac staff.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Ticket prices shown are in MYR (Malaysian Ringgit). Prices INCLUDING RM3 Ticketing Fee & 0% GST.
- 1 ticket admits 1 person ONLY, no sharing seats.
- No cancellation or changes allowed once ticket sold.
- No refund is allowed after a purchase is made.
- Lost or damage ticket(s) will not be entertained.
- Strictly NO photo, video and audio recording is allowed.
- Ticketing terms and conditions as stipulated on the ticketing website and on the rear side of printed tickets shall apply at all times. Please read and understand the Conditions of Sale before purchasing ticket.