[penangpac] The Strangers
#Show 1 : 16th July 2019 @ 8:30 PM
#Show 2 : 17th July 2019 @ 8:30 PM
Venue: Stage 2, Performing Arts Centre of Penang (penangpac)
Event Type: Dance
“After being touched by “THE STRANGERS”, I started questioning how many “familiar people” in our lives were treated as strangers.” – Shu-ming Ju, Director of Taiwan Dot Go Children’s Art Festival, Kaohsiung/TAIWAN
Four performers from four different Asian countries meet a South American director and a dramaturg from Europe – half the world gathers on one small stage. They seem to have nothing in common; they do not share their tastes in food, they do not speak the same language, and they grew up with different tales and lullabies. But what would happen if you did not know that? If everybody on stage looked the same and did not speak a word, how could you tell what was ‘typical’ about them? Typical human, maybe?
Directed by Leandro Kees from Argentina/Germany. The Strangers is an honest and courageous attempt to look at human condition behind superficial differences. Stories about identity, about belonging to a certain group, about trust and alienation, build this non-verbal, poetical play for children and teenagers between 9 to 14 years of age. Expressing emotions, convictions and beliefs through the body as well as creating scenes with drawings and symbols used in different cultures, this production encourages youngsters to look beyond the surface and search for the missing link connecting all of us as human beings.
Director – Leandro Kees
Dramaturg – Julia Dina HeBe
Technical Coordinator / Tour Manager – Martin Rascher
AGE LIMIT: 9 years old and above. Entry with valid ticket.
LANGUAGE: No language (Silent text in English).
LATECOMERS: Entry for latecomers will only be allowed at appropriate intervals during the performance, at the discretion of penangpac staff. However, admission cannot be guaranteed and no refund request would be entertained.
PRESENTER & ORGANIZER’S ADDITIONAL TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- The show will commence on time, you are strongly advised to plan your journey in advance to avoid being late for the show.
- Every member of the audience must strictly adhere to the rule pursuant to age limitation which is set for each show by the organiser. The organiser reserves the right to eject any members of the audience who are below the age of 9 from the performance venue.
- Each ticket is valid for one-time admission only.
- Only students, senior citizens aged 60 and above as well as the disabled (OKU) are entitled for concession ticket.
- No audio or video recording and photography is allowed during the show. The organiser reserves the right to delete any unauthorised recordings and/or photos as well as to eject any members of the audience who are suspected of making recordings and/or taking photos in the performance venue.
- The use of video cameras, cameras and tablet computers such as iPad is strictly prohibited in the performance venue.
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the performance venue.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Ticket prices shown are in MYR (Malaysian Ringgit). Prices INCLUDING RM3 Ticketing Fee.
- 1 ticket admits 1 person ONLY, no sharing seats.
- No cancellation or changes allowed once ticket sold.
- No refund is allowed after a purchase is made.
- Lost or damage ticket(s) will not be entertained.
- Strictly NO photo, video and audio recording is allowed.
- Ticketing terms and conditions as stipulated on the ticketing website and on the rear side of printed tickets shall apply at all times. Please read and understand the Conditions of Sale before purchasing ticket.